6.15.2012

five on friday

1.  I didn't post last week because we took a trip to Delhi.  Our visa requires us to leave India every 6  months, so we took a flying 24 hour trip to Nepal mid-week.  I took my camera so I could capture our trip.  The trip started on an airplane with two boys playing iPods and eating snacks.

Photobucket\

And as far as pictures go, that's the end of our trip.  My camera battery died before we ever landed in Nepal.  Major fail on my part!

2.  We spent our time in Delhi shopping, eating, and doing a little sightseeing.  Anybody who knows me well knows that sightseeing is not exactly my thing, but despite the deadly heat, I survived.  Of course, when you have good rickshaw drivers like these, it makes the trip more enjoyable!

Photobucket

3.  We saw some neat things on our trip to Old Delhi, but those clean well-cared for parts of Delhi just don't scream "India."  This is more like it:

Photobucket

Building huge fountains would be no fun if crazy kids didn't use them for diving boards.  And it wouldn't be complete without some unbearably filthy water!  I've been hot before, but only sheer desperation would drive me to leap in this 'swamp!'

Photobucket

4.  When we were in Delhi, we witnessed our first downpour since last year.  Our neighbors told us that Bhopal had a few showers while we were gone as well.  Looks like monsoon season will start very soon!  Someone referred to monsoon season as "The Big Flush."  It's such an appropriate name.  Monsoon helps clean up some of the dirt, gives nutrients to plants and trees, and in general, just refreshes India!

5.  But monsoon doesn't come alone.  It brings with it humidity, ants, and a few other unwanted things. This week, I saw a trail of ants trying to enter our window outside, so I acted quickly with the bug spray.  Not only did I get rid of the ants, I took out an army of crickets.  Heres' the pile of crickets I swept up this morning.  I'd say we've had a "cricket massacre!"

Photobucket

In a country where people believe in reincarnation, here's hoping no one returned as a cricket!

Have a happy weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment