8.15.2011

hooked

Dear Fish,

Okay... I admit it. You were not our first choice. But don't take it personally. We are dog people. We've tried this fish thing before. When I was small, my brother and I proudly adopted "Lillypad" and "Jaws" from the local pet store. Guess whose fish only lived a day? I vaguely remember my brother telling me it was because I gave her such a dumb name!

Fast forward a few years... Jason decided he wanted an aquarium a few years into our marriage. I knew it wasn't a good idea, but he insisted. He sadly murdered more than 20 fish. All we had left was an algae-filled tank and a reminder that we weren't meant to care for fish.

But somehow, we convinced ourselves to try this fish thing one more time. I don't mean to put any pressure on you guys, but if this doesn't work out, I'm resigning from fish for life.

Just so you know, it was fate that brought us to you. If the workers at the first store wouldn't have been so busy, we might never have met you.

Photobucket

Their horrible customer service led us straight to "Sea World."

Photobucket

The customer service was superior. The men went right to work, but Jack stood close by to monitor their progress.

Photobucket

In fact, both boys stayed very close to make sure your home was exactly to code and made perfectly just for you.

Photobucket

When everything was ready, it was time to choose the perfect fish. You can thank me for steering Jack in a different direction.

Photobucket

Max and I were more on the same page.

Photobucket

When all the choosing was over, we had 11 goldfish and one sucker fish to help keep the tank clean. I know you've probably heard stories of a place in America called PetSmart. Don't believe everything you hear. They've got nothing on "Sea World." One of their employees came HOME with us to fill your tank with water and plug in the cords. PetSmart should take notes!

Photobucket

So, here we are.

Photobucket

We're 24 hours into this thing. We still have 12 live fish, and I'd appreciate it if you would help keep it that way. I'm not ready to perform any fish funerals!

We are doing everything we can to make your stay comfortable. The boys are smitten. They keep a keen eye on you.
Photobucket

But there are times when they can't be right there to look after you. Thankfully they've set up a babysitting service with a few of their closest friends. You are never alone.

Photobucket

So swim, relax, and enjoy your stay. In the meantime, I'll see what I can do about the three-year old hand that keeps invading your tank.

Sincerely,

The Marlins

No comments:

Post a Comment