8.18.2011

five on friday

1. We are on Day 6 of being fish owners, and all 12 are still alive. I'm amazed!

2. For those who know me well, you know that cooking is my "achilles heel!" I have many talents, but cooking has NEVER come easily! But this week, I have made a lifetime of improvement. Keep in mind that everything has to be made from scratch here. Some of the highlights are: homemade chicken and dumplings, tomato basil soup, donuts, chicken scallopini, and Macaroni Grill bread! Along with cooking, I should probably take up exercising!

3. I've figured out how to get packages. If I don't take a shower, the mailman shows up! We love to video the opening of the packages, so I apologize that I look so terrible each time! Today, the mailman showed up with two packages. The first was from my brother and his wife! My sister-in-law should win an award for packing boxes! She filled EVERY bit of the box! And the boys loved it! We loaded up on fun toys for the boys, snacks, homeschooling supplies, books, kitchen ingredients... literally, everything but the kitchen sink! Thank you guys so much! You put a smile on every face in this house!

4. The second package was such a blessing! God has provided such a sweet encouragement to me through Marla Ledbetter. She's a pastor's wife from Tupelo. Prior to moving, I think we had met a time or two, but she has just gone above and beyond to send emails often. A few weeks ago, she asked us to list a few things we missed from home. When we opened the box and I saw fudge rounds, my heart melted! Thank you so much, Marla! God is certainly using you to bless our family! (Please notice the hug Max gives Jack while waiting for the box to open. So sweet! They are building quite a friendship!)

5. I spoke too soon. Disregard #1. We just flushed the first fish! So much for our good pet care skills. I'm sad to say that a few of the others don't look far behind! :(

No comments:

Post a Comment