8.26.2011

five on friday

1. I know they say "Milk does a body good," but frankly, I don't like the stuff. In India, we have two options for milk: #1- We can get it straight from a cow, or #2- We get it in boxes from the store. I've been pretty adventurous since coming here, but I haven't quite figured out the "fresh milk" process. And because we typically only cook with milk, we use the shelf milk out of the box. I've never tasted it, but it must not be too bad. At least someone in this house is starting to like milk!
<span class=Photobucket">

2. I knew better. Fish were a BAD idea. We started with 12. As I write this, our tank is home to four happy fish and one that is well on his way to a "white porcelan heaven." It's starting to stress me out.

3. We got the biggest package EVER this week. Our sweet friends at East Heights Baptist Church packed up some of the most wonderful food items and sent them our way. Among many things, we received muffin mixes, side dish items, boxed meals, and recipes! The Marlins are about to greatly improve their weekly meals! :) And two little boys were pumped that some sweet person threw in some balls, cars, and other toys for them! I'm working on this video to post, but in the meantime if any of my East Heights friends read this, we are SOOOOO appreciative! You made our day!

4. Learning Hindi is still a struggle. Some days I feel like I'm learning many things, and other days I'm not sure if I can say anything past "hello." But today, my language teacher told me I was better than Jason. That's all I needed to hear. I've convinced myself that I am fluent! Sorry, Jason! I'll tutor you if you'd like! :)

5. I got my first haircut in India. It was so nice to have my hair washed with System Biolage Shampoo and Conditioner. The haircut itself wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it's hair-- it'll grow back. My favorite part of the trip was when he checked me for head lice! I'm still not sure if that makes me feel relieved or freaks me out! (Just in case you were wondering, I was "bug-free!")


No comments:

Post a Comment