8.12.2011

five on friday

1. I made an awesome discovery this week. Did you know the lid on a pressure cooker is slightly oval and if you turn it just right, you can get the top off? I wish I had video of Jason and I trying to get the top off of that pot! :) My sweet house helper, Kumlesh, showed me that little trick this week! Now that I know how to get the top off of that thing, I tried my hand at cooking in it! Amazingly, we came out with perfectly cooked black-eyed peas. I surprise myself every time I put something edible on the table!

2. My enhanced cooking skills haven't been the only surprise this week. We found out Wednesday that we are no longer headed to Indore after our language studies. We will be heading to Bhopal, India. This will be the first time our company has had anyone in this area, so we are excited to be a part of this pioneer work! More to come on that later!

3. Other surprises of the week were not so happy. A well-meant hug between brothers turned into a cup of apple juice emptying on Jason's Mac. Unfortunately, apple juice is lethal to computers, so we sold the children and bought a new computer with the money! Only slightly kidding!

4. We just completed our second week of homeschooling. We still have a lot to do to make it 100% effective, but we will get there. Does anybody out there homeschool and know any good internet resources or blogs that you enjoy? This is all still new to me so scheduling and covering everything is still making things difficult!

5. One of the things the boys have missed the most since moving to India is their dog! We've promised them a new dog when we move to our permanent city. Since it looks like that's going to be a little longer than expected, we're off to temporarily fill their need this weekend. By this time next weekend, we will be the proud new owners of FISH! I'm not much of a fish fan, but hopefully it'll make the boys smile! I'm sure I'll have pictures to post soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment