7.29.2011

five on friday

1. Today is our anniversary. 11 years. Just so you know, when I said "I do" 11 years ago, I never in a million years thought I'd be in India on our 11th anniversary!

2. In honor of our anniversary, Jason's friend brought us dinner. Mr. Asad is the man who installed our air conditioner. He promised us three weeks ago that he would bring us dinner for our anniversary, and he made good on his promise! He is Muslim, so he brought us rice with BEEF in it. He also brought something that we thought might be similar to salmon patties in America, but they were super spicy. We had some friends over and we all enjoyed trying the new cuisine!
Photobucket

Photobucket
3. Today I finished a long week of language learning. After two weeks of school, I can have a simple conversation with you exchanging names and asking how you are, identify many nouns, describe them using adjectives, use a few verbs, and ask some simple questions. Today I ventured into reading the Hindi script. After mastering the reading of a few letters, I took a spelling test. Below is a picture of my work. See that red writing at the bottom? That, my friends, was written by my teacher and it says "Shubash," which means "very good." My teacher sure knows how to build up the self-esteem of her student! It's okay to be jealous of my kindergarten work!

Photobucket

4. This week has been spent making forts. Just so you know... nothing makes two little boys happier than some old bed sheets tied up around a room! Tonight they are sleeping on the marble floor under their forts. More power to them!
Photobucket

Photobucket

5. Now that we are finally settled in a house, we can receive mail/packages from the US. We haven't actually received anything yet, but our friend Beth got a package from her mom today. Her sweet mom packed my little guys something special! Here's a quick shot of Jack showing off his new Lego truck! It does a mama's heart when people show love to her babies! Thank you! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment