8.01.2011

the list (cont.)

Today I am thankful for:

1. Sunday afternoon naps.

2. Cooking two edible meals in one day!

3. Verses from friends that remind me of my purpose:

"However, I consider my life worth nothing to me; my only aim is to finish the race and
complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the good news of
God’s grace." Acts 20:24

4. Watching the boys "skype" with grandparents.

5. After teaching more than 200 children in my career, finally getting the opportunity to teach my boys!

6. The kindness of random strangers in India. We have done nothing for these people, yet they freely give to us, help us, and pursue our friendship!

7. Extra bedsheets that double as forts to protect the boys from invisible aliens, bad guys, and whatever else they can dream up!

8. PACKAGES! We haven't actually received any, but we are awaiting a few from sweet family and friends. A few people have asked for our address:

The Marlins
D-14 Chanderlok Colony
Rajpur Road
Dehradun. 248001
Uttarakhand.
INDIA

9. Date night with Jason and a wonderful friend, Beth, for watching the boys.

10. Our language helper who sits quietly and comforts me when life in India and learning Hindi all become too much... yet reminds me that "I can do all things through Christ!"

No comments:

Post a Comment