5.06.2011

five on friday

1. My crew is headed to Washington, D.C. tomorrow. I've never been before, so I'm pretty excited. My best part is we get to ride the metro. I have the camera all charged, so you can expect a post on our trip soon!

2. Wireless Internet is unavailable in our "house" where we are living! BUT...who knew this "Internet tethering" thing was an option from my iPhone? I don't really understand technology, but I'm so grateful for the people that invent this wonderful stuff! I'm much more pleasant with an Internet connection! :)

3. A few weeks ago my aunt introduced us to this amazing granola from a little cafe in Valdosta, Georgia. I should have never taken a bite of it, because now I'm highly addicted! I was one happy girl today when I received a package of it from my Uncle Perry! Oh, how I wish Two Friends Cafe & Market was in Virginia!

4. Did I mention that I have to learn Hindi? Take a look at this script:


Hindi vowels and vowel diacritics

Consonants

Hindi consonants

Numerals

Hindi numerals and numbers from 0-10



We read somewhere that the Hindi script looks like someone dipped some worms in ink and they crawled around for a few minutes. I'm understanding first hand why my little kindergartners always had that "deer in the headlights" look when I first introduced the alphabet to them! Language acquisition is going to be a real delight! I'm not sure which will be harder: writing it or speaking it? Rosetta Stone- here I come!

5. If anyone is interested, our temporary mailing address for the next six weeks is:
The Marlins
c/0 International Learning Center
16492 MLC Lane
Rockville, VA 23146

No comments:

Post a Comment