5.13.2011

1. This week, we had the honor of having a special guest… a REALLY, REALLY, REALLY big special guest. Jack brought home B.J. Bear from his class to spend the week with us! Did I mention he is huge? We finally found the courage to drag him around campus on Thursday. I assure you that many people looked at us as we carried around a life-size teddy bear. Nonetheless, Jack loved it! We took him to the lake to skip rocks, on a walk, and to eat dinner. Fun times!

Photobucket

Photobucket


2. In other news this week, I had a new experience. One of the buildings where we are training is equipped with this:

Photobucket

Yes, it’s a toilet… actually referred to as a “squatty potty.” And yes, I tried it. It was not my favorite experience, but my boys find it amazing. I’m convinced it was made by a man. I’ll spare you the details. I remain a fan of the American toilet!

3. I was reminded this week of a funny video about the cultural differences in South Asia. It is quite amusing. It seems the “squatty potty” will be just one of a million new things we have to grow accustomed to as we move!

4. We had a great time in Washington, D.C., last weekend. We walked at least 10 miles on Saturday. I promise to write more about it, but here are a few pictures from our trip!

Photobucket
Photobucket

5. Calling all iPhone users! I know many of you have upgraded recently to the iPhone 4 but are still hanging on to your old iPhone wondering what to do with it. Let me help you out! One of my team members that will be traveling with us to South Asia is looking for a smart phone to take with her on the field. If you would like to help her out by donating a phone to her, it would be more than appreciated! Check out her blog here: Blue-Eyed Girl in a Chai World.


No comments:

Post a Comment