12.30.2010

five on friday

1. Max has recently mastered the art of chewing gum. Now if we can master the art of not smacking! That may be harder than learning to keep gum in your mouth for an extended period of time!

2. We came home from my parents' house on Wednesday. While we were there, I stayed up late a few nights, and in the silence, I could hear the scanner in the background. I just have to say that I'm glad I don't have one! I could get very addicted! Maybe I should be a dispatch operator one day! In all seriousness, the men and women who serve as policemen are to be commended for all they do! And their business is way too intriguing to me!

3. Despite the time I wasted eavesdropping on the local law enforcement, I did do some productive things while I was at my mom and dad's! Since I don't currently have a house, I have very few projects going (other than a few sewing projects here and there.) So in the mean time, I have descended upon my parents' house! They have in the last few years begun to redo portions of their house. But the bathroom cabinets have been begging me to paint them! So that's exactly what I did. With just a little paint, stain, and a sander, I turned this:


Photobucket

in to this:

Photobucket

Here's a closer shot:

Photobucket

Photobucket

It fulfilled a small desire in my heart! Wonder if the apartment complex would mind if I "enhanced" their cabinets? Probably so! :)

4. We made a few stops on the way home from Georgia. Most of our stops centered around eating. We stopped in Atlanta to eat at JCT Kitchen. I had the Shrimp and Grits and they were fabulous! Later we stopped in Birmingham to shop, and we ended up eating again! We had dinner at Flip Burger Boutique. It was such a cool place. Obviously they serve burgers, but the milk shakes and onion rings were outstanding. The kids shared a "Krispy Kreme" milk shake before dinner.


Photobucket

Photobucket

The cool thing about the milk shakes, besides the fact that they are "Krispy Kreme" flavored, is that they pour liquid nitrogen on the top of them before they serve them. They come to your table smoking!

The hamburgers did not disappoint either!
Photobucket


And the onion rings were to die for!
Photobucket

After that meal, I swore I'd never eat again.

5. But last night I went to Texas de Brazil. I seriously have to quit eating. But it's awfully hard when you see "Krispy Kreme" milk shakes on the menu!

If I forget to mention it, Happy 2011 to your crew from ours!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment