9.04.2010

game day

Every special day needs traditions, and the first day of college football is no exception. Our family was careful to stick to our yearly plan.

1. You must get up early. Apparently some show called "Game Day" comes on, and you have to be up and ready to watch it. Our crew was up at 6:17 AM so I'm pretty sure we kept up our end on that deal.

2. You couldn't possibly watch football without the appropriate food. The morning began with a male bonding time at McDonald's. After breakfast, the boys took a trip to the grocery store to load up on today's snacks. I understand the cheese balls, but I'm not sure when grapes and raspberries become a snack food for football.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
3. You should dress the part. You don't actually have to go to a ballgame to enjoy it. But you should still dress up. I suppose men think that the players can "FEEL" that they are dressed up in their living rooms. Don't deny it... you know your husbands and boys put on their attire whether they attend the big game or participate from the couch.
Photobucket
4. Party until you can't party anymore. If you intend to really bring in the new football season, someone has to party so hard that they just can't hang with the rest of the crowd. At our house, Max was the lightweight. He held on as long as he could, but the excitement was just too much for him! Luckily he fell asleep in a safe place. I assure you- the person under him was not going anywhere until the games were over!
Photobucket
Happy Game Day! Hope your team won! Ours did! It's great to be a GEORGIA BULLDOG! :)

4 comments:

  1. AND A STATE BULLDOG! GUESS WE'RE ALL DAWGS! BUT HAPPY DOGS! GREAT PICS! LOVE ALL MY BOYS,,AND U SARAH,,NEED U IN PICTURES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to teach your son to take some! I've tried to hand the camera off, but he's not very excited about being a photographer. Therefore, my children will be proud of all the times their DADDY was with them when they look back on all these pictures! I guess I can use the old saying: "I was the one behind the camera!" I'll have to work on Jason!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheese puffs container is bigger than Max!!! hilarious!! did he eat them all??

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHAHA! I know, Kelly! That was my favorite part of that picture. When I saw them getting out of the car and he was carrying those, I had to grab my camera. Priceless moment! :) And no, I'm not even sure they ate enough to make a dent. But they will!! They love those things!

    ReplyDelete