9.09.2010

five on friday

1. My kids went to their first wedding on Monday night. Coincidentally, it was also their last! I might consider taking Jack again in the next five years, but Max has been removed from all future wedding invitations! Although the sitting quiet thing wasn't for them, they quite enjoyed the food! After eating a plate full and a slice of cake, Jack said, "Man... I'm gonna feel this one in the morning!" Where does he get this stuff? I guess all the excitement left him with a "wedding hangover!"

2. My 21-year-old assistant, who still possesses the body and abilities of a 20-year-old, is encouraging me to do a 5K run in October. She must not realize I'm 30. I'm not sure if you add up all of my walking activities in the last week that they would add up to 5 kilometers, so if this is going to be possible, I'm certain I better start exercising a little more! There's no doubt I'll be walking a LARGE majority it! But I have to say... if I have to do a 5K, I couldn't find a more worthy cause to support. The event is being put on by the Northeast Mississippi Down Syndrome Society. If you live around Tupelo/ Saltillo you should come join in the fun on October 2! I have two sweet friends to run for... my neighbor Craig and my little friend across the hall Peyton!

3. I have always liked teaching, but I remembered why I really loved it this week. It's good for my self-esteem. One of my five-year-olds was professing her love for me as we walked down the hall yesterday, and at the conclusion of our conversation, she adoringly said, "Mrs. Sarah... You're so cute!" I gave her an A right then and there! Why do we grow out of the innocence of a five-year-old? The world would be better if we all said nice things like that to each other!

4. I'm celebrating Grandparents' Day with my class this morning. I have to tell you something... I LOVE GRANDPARENTS! They're so fabulous! And there's nothing better than a whole room full of them! I'm expecting more than 30! I break out in hives with a room full of parents, but for some reason, I feel right at home with grandparents! We have lots of fun things planned and I cannot wait!

5. First grade has brought about a little extra homework which I appreciate because I get to see Jack's progress. As I work with him I'm reminded that I need to be working with Max to get him ready for school in the near future. Currently we've worked on counting. His version goes something like this... "1...2...4...9." We're so proud! It doesn't take much to impress us!


Sorry... had to add another---
Bonus: My crazy child pulled another tooth on top! I think this has become an addiction. I'll be purchasing baby food this week so that he can eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment