9.23.2010

five on friday

1. Just when you think you can't add one more thing to your schedule, the good Lord throws in gall bladder surgery for your husband! It's been a heck of a week, but I still can't complain. Even with lives that seem to be in fast forward, I'm still awfully blessed!

2. Speaking of being being in fast forward- I actually RAN the distance for a 5K this week. Okay- maybe it wasn't like being in fast forward.... I mostly resemble the tortoise, slow and steady. But don't forget who won the race in that old fable! Don't worry: I don't for one minute think I'm going to win my 5K. I'm just proud that I probably won't be in last place!

3. I'm on my way to Dublin, Georgia, this weekend! If you don't know, that's where I grew up and where the greatest parents on the planet reside! I can't wait to see them! They're paying for my gas to get there, allowing me to bring my dirty laundry for free laundry service, and hopefully, they'll feed me while I'm in town. You can't ask for much more than that!

4. Though I love my mama and daddy, I'm actually headed that way to take some engagement pictures for my best friend's little sister. Isn't it funny how the people like that don't ever seem to grow up in your mind? I know she's old enough to be getting married, but in my mind, I still see her as the little girl that had the potential to get on our nerves occasionally and was often not allowed to hang out with us! I'm super excited about taking pictures for her, but I'm not quite sure I"m qualified! We shall see!

5. Max has a cough. In the car today, he got choked from coughing and ended up throwing up. His super intelligent big brother offered him some sound advice: "Max, if you would have just swallowed that stuff back down, we wouldn't have this nasty throw-up in our car!" I LOVE BOYS! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment