8.26.2010

five on friday

1. I started a new tradition for someone else... is that allowable? I ate at my mother-in-law's last night for supper! It was fabulous as always. She's a great cook, and last night was no different- ribs, homemade onion rings, slaw, and french bread! Her house is one of the few places where my boys get good home-cooked food. So I made a new tradition for her. I've invited myself back next Thursday! And I plan on eating there every Thursday night until I die... how's that sound Mrs. Delba? :)

2. While dinner was being prepared, the boys decided to swim. Jason's daddy, Mr. Jerry had to clean out the bugs, so Max undressed himself and found a place to rest while he waited. Thank goodness you don't eat the rind off of a watermelon! (Overlook the photo quality... I-phone through a window!)

Photobucket
3. I still have no wedding band. And I currently have no house cleaner. I tried to call them and complain, but they would never call me back. So I just called them back and axed them! They didn't seem to mind. It sort of made me want to call back and give them a little harsher firing. I at least wanted an apology, but I guess we don't always get what we want!

4. Jack and I had a date last night. He asked to sleep with me at the beginning of the week, and I rashly responded by offering to let him sleep with me on Thursday night! That seemed like a great idea until last night! He seemed to think it was fabulous! It was a two-for-one deal and somehow I got stuck with both boys in the bed, and Jason slept alone. Even though I listened to the snoring of a seven-year-old and felt the very boney feet of a two-year-old all night, I still think I got the better end of the deal!

Photobucket
5. I have been so blessed by my continued reading every morning. We recently finished Proverbs, and my friend suggested we move to Philippians. This morning I began in Chapter 1, and I loved verses 9-10:

9 And I pray this: that your love will keep on growing in knowledge and every kind of discernment, 10 so that you can determine what really matters and can be pure and blameless in the day of Christ.

I love the part where it says "so you can determine what really matters." I've really been examining my life lately, often wondering if I'm making a difference. And that verse spoke volumes to me. I'm gonna begin picking apart my life and asking that question... does this really matter? Does it have eternal value? And if the answer is no, I may be kicking a few things to the curb to make room for the important things!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the tradition,,and what's funny,John-Michael and I had already talked about doing that! THAT'S a "thing that really matters" And the picture just doesn't really do justice does it? Lol love you all.

    ReplyDelete