7.30.2010

five on friday

1. Every day has its own triumphs.... some small and some big. Today's was removing my Christmas rug from the front door. It's not that I haven't noticed it there for the last 216 days (yes, I took time to figure out how many days it's been since Christmas), but I've just been too lazy or either too busy to care! So, I thought about just leaving it out since Christmas is only 147 days away, but I needed an accomplishment today, so I drug the old thing upstairs into the attic! YAY, me! :)
2. Project of the Week (POW)- I attended a baby shower on Sunday for one of my favorite church members who is a soon-to-be-grandmother. I just love her and her entire group of friends. I made a onsie for a shower a few weeks ago, and I loved it so much that I made it again for Mrs. Mary's new grandson. I know that she will be a super grandmother!
In addition, she gave her son and daugher-in-law the sweetest gift. I took a picture of it with my phone so that you could see it. I thought it was the cutest idea.
The card says: "There are many days that will be special in Bennett's life. Birthdays, graduations, and the day he takes is bride. This knife will be part of those memories to come. It will cut many cakes and be part of lots of fun. So store it, protect it, and use it each time. And pass it on as a treasure of the Monaghan's family line.

So cute, Mrs. Mary!!!!!

3. I was injured yesterday shooting my video for Jason. A stupid wasp stung me right in the neck while I was getting geared up to jump on the trampoline. That's right, Jason... I put myself in harm's way just for you! The things we do for love... But Jason reassured me that it was worth it. Referring to the video, he said, "I'm really excited about having this, because when you die, I can go back and watch it and see you." Really? REALLY???

4. And speaking of love, our anniversary was yesterday. A DECADE! I'm married to the greatest man and father in the world (right behind my daddy!) We had a great date last night with dinner at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse . And you won't believe what he got me... a new sewing machine. A BERNINA! (That's a brand of sewing machines for all you non-sewers!) Now if I just had something to sew...

5. I have a new accountability partner. She's not a new friend, but this is something we have talked about FOREVER! We've been at it for 4 days now, and I am so thankful for Christian friends that help me strive to be more Christ-like and keep me focused on the things that are most important. If you don't already read your Bible daily or if it's become a rut for you, I encourage you to find someone to share it with. God encourages us to keep each other in check! Don't believe me? Jason's best friend just preached a sermon on this, and if you still need convincing, check it out:


I'm thankful that Jason and I have both been blessed with people that encourage us and keep us focused on Christ!

2 comments:

  1. Haha, I just love you & your Christmas rug! ADORABLE onsie...if you need something to sew ms.ava would pay well for a fancy jumping jax shirt! And I didn't know Troy was jasons best bud!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to sew something for AVA anytime! And yes... Jason and Troy are pretty much soul mates! They are actually distant cousins, but sort of met in college and have been inseparable ever since. We love Robbie and Troy!

    ReplyDelete