7.29.2010

our tenth anniversary


Jason...

A decade. Sounds like a long time, but time flies when you're having fun. I'm still amazed at how God continues to bless our marraige, and I've overwhelmed that I can actually love you more tomorrow that I do today, yet I find it happening over and over! You really are EVERYTHING to me. I didn't know when I was 14 what a significant and amazing choice I was making. You have changed me for the better, and I hope to be forever yours.

I sought to buy you a gift that would tell you how much I loved you. The traditional gifts suggested something made of aluminum or tin. And though those metals are tough much like our marriage, I just couldn't go that route. The creative side of me had to "make" something. But what? Armed with a handycam, a tripod, and a simple movie program, I set out to create a movie that might somehow show you what you've meant to me over the years! It's not much, but it's EVERYTHING I need to say to you on our tenth anniversary! I love you with EVERYTHING inside of me. Happy Anniversary! May there be 50 more!

Yours Always,
Sarah

NOTE: You can watch it on YouTube by clicking "Our tenth Anniversary Video" below, or view in the box on this blog!


Be sure to turn your volume up!


Our Tenth Anniversary from Sarah Marlin on Vimeo.

5 comments:

  1. At about 6:30 pm on this day 10 years ago, I married Sarah. We were so in love with each other. From kids in the youth group; I knew we were supposed to be together.
    Even more importantly, we knew that God had led us to one another.
    Our 1st years of marriage were not flawless, by any means… as you would imagine with the union of any 2 selfish people into 1 life… but God taught us in those years really to love each other. He taught us what it means to be loved selflessly and to love selflessly (I’m still not good at that one).
    I can confidently say on this day that the greatest earthly gift to me is Sarah. There are many sacrifices she makes so that I can do what I do… sacrifices which, for the most part, go unnoticed. She is so creative and fun. Look at this video!! But more than that she is my best friend. You are my EVERYTHING.

    I could not imagine a better wife and a better mother for my children, and on this day I stop to think of the incredible goodness of God given to me in her. I love you, I will travel the world with you!

    Jason

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I cannot believe it has been ten years already! Congratulations and Happy Anniversary to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I teared up watching your video. You are so creative. What a sweet video. I remember the night you and Jason came in from "the engagement night". I think it might have been one of the first times I met you. God has blessed y'all's sweet life in ten years. May God bless 50 or 60 more. Love you both. Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How turly blessed the two of you are to have each other!! And even more so, that you both realize it! What a blessing, too, that God has given the two of you to so many of us as such wonderful, loving, leaders! Happy anniversary and God bless you with many more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. amazing Sarah!! I can't believe it has been that long since your dad was sending me into ask y'all if you wanted ice cream (20 time!)! haha! Hope y'all have an amazing anniversary!

    ReplyDelete