5.21.2014

if she were still alive.

If she were still alive, I'd ask her how surprised she was when she delivered, not one, but two babies some 67 years ago.

I'd ask her how she managed her six and three-year-old boys while taking care of those two baby boys.

I'd want to know if they always slept together or had separate rooms.

I'd ask her if she had to give up making homemade biscuits for a season until her life settled down a bit.

I'd ask her how she got it all done and still had time to shower each day.

I'd want to know her tips for getting them to sleep at the same time and how to soothe them when they cry simultaneously.

I'd ask her how she raised them together, yet loved them as individuals and encouraged them to be unique.

I'd call her often with stories that only a mother of twins could understand.

I'd want to sit at her table for big slice of her 15-layer chocolate cake, while she told me her stories of raising children.

I'd tell her how I always wanted to be "the one" that had the next set of twins in the family.

I'd have called her on that day when I first saw those two tiny blobs on the screen.

I'd ask her if she could see any "Dasher" in Maggie and Gray.

And I'd tell her how proud I am that one of "her twins" is my daddy.

 photo IMG_5449_zpsb8c6a9d8.jpg

My grandmother died almost 5 years, ago, but oh, how many questions I'd have if she were still alive.  As a small girl, I still remember her wondering which grandchild might have twins one day.  I NEVER imagined it would me be, but what a special bond I have with her.  I've wished a thousand times she could hold them just once.  So grateful that she was still alive to meet Jack and Max.  She was one in a million!     

No comments:

Post a Comment