5.09.2014

five on friday.

1.  I'm afraid to mention this for fear I'll jinx it, but Maggie and Gray have been sleeping for 5, 6 and sometimes 7 hour stretches for the last week!  Uninterrupted sleep is a beautiful thing, and I hope it continues!

2.  I have a new niece, Riley Elizabeth Dasher!  The whole crew is doing great, minus the fact that sleep isn't her favorite activity right now (I can relate.)  Can't wait to meet her in person!

 photo 1506598_10203481488745375_3896249659605420990_n_zps7e1e60f4.jpg

(And that's my big brother, for those who've never seen a picture!  We came from the same gene pool, but we each collected very different genes!  Brown hair, brown eyes, and olive skin VS. blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin!)

3.  Have you changed the settings on your iPhone so that it "flashes" when you receive a text?  A friend showed us this last week.  It's great for the times when your phone is on mute, but in a dark room, that flash is certain to cause seizures.  Follow this link for instructions.

4.  We are just about to wrap up our year of homeschooling, and our boys have made great strides.  Max is reading anything and everything with words, but he has a lazy gene in his body that leaves him always looking for a shortcut.  This week's shortcut... how to keep from writing any words!  That boy always makes me laugh.  Ten points for creativity...

 photo photo_zps70740bc3.jpg

5.  And last but not least... Mother's Day is just around the corner.  I know we all think highly of our moms, but I must say, this woman is my superhero!  Love you, Mama, and Happy Mother's Day to you!


 photo Mom-1_zps6c6e07c7.jpeg

No comments:

Post a Comment