2.22.2013

five on friday

1.  Jason's birthday was February 4th.  My parents were in town, so we ended up at the new Marriott Hotel that just opened in our city for dinner alone.  While we were eating dinner the manager stopped to chat with us and before I knew it, we were holding a key to a complimentary room and our dinner was on the hotel!  Don't you love when things like that happen!


2.  Our luck in India isn't always that good, though.  Receiving quality haircuts has been a roller coaster for us.  I finally found someone for the boys and I that I am comfortable with.  Unfortunately, he was out of town when we went to get haircuts yesterday.  So I reluctantly gave in and let another guy cut Jack's.  Oh my....  I usually stand close by to ensure that nothing drastic happens, but not yesterday.  When Jack came back, he was sporting this on his neck:


What do you call this?  An "M"?  Batman? Now the question is, do I shave it all the same length, or just let him sport this look until it gets a little longer and then repair the damage?  The crazy thing is Jack likes it!

3.  I lost my creative side for quite some time after we first moved to India.  I still haven't totally regained it, but I'm working on it.  I feel certain that a visit to Hobby Lobby would greatly encourage me.  Nonetheless, I set out to make something for our guest bedroom wall a few months ago.  And I landed on this:


I saw something like this on Pinterest, and it seemed easy enough.  "Easy" and "Non-Time Consuming" are NOT the same thing!  I must have traced states for a week... okay- it was just one night, but it felt like forever!



Once I finished tracing states, cutting them out, and putting the puzzle together, I was read to stick them on to my fabric!


After stitching around 50 states, I took the piece to be framed!


And for a little something extra, I added a heart to the places we love the most!  

4.  Although my creativity hasn't been put into action much lately, I still have a million ideas running through my head that I might do "one day!"  One of those has been pillows for my couch.  When my mom was here recently, I threw out my idea to her and put her to work.  Don't you LOVE them?  

(She made the khaki one.  I bought the blue one for $2 in India!)



5.  Speaking of my parents--- I sure do miss those people!  So thankful for the times they get to come to India!  Wish it was way more often...

No comments:

Post a Comment