6.01.2012

five on friday

1.  Getting a haircut is always something I do on a whim.  This week, I got the itch and headed to the local salon.  Because the air is so dry, I mentioned to the stylist that my hair was terribly dry.  So he recommended a "treatment."  I didn't know what it entailed, but apparently it comes with a deep conditioning and A HEAD/ SHOULDER MASSAGE!  I'm no stranger to massages, but I've got to tell you that an Indian Head Massage ranks right up there with the best!  I'm thinking I need a "treatment" weekly!

2.  I still miss my hairstylist, Melanie Mitchell, in Tupelo.  I don't think anyone will compare in India.  I have had some 'okay' cuts since coming here, but I always end up looking for a poor friend who's not afraid to whack a little extra off for me here and there.  I was so happy Monday night when I realized I had the perfect candidate- the Mother-in-Love.  She was just getting ready for bed when I laid out my request.  Of course, she agreed.  But shortly after beginning, she told me she had already taken her Ambien (sleeping meds) for the night!

    Let me just tell you- I wouldn't have cared if she had shaved my head.  It was worth every second getting to listen to her talk under the influence of Ambien.  It was the most confusing, random, funniest conversation I've ever been a part of!  Oh if I could have recorded it!  I'll be glad to share details with anyone interested! :) Just kidding, Mrs. Delba- you can count on this "BUCKAROO" to keep her mouth shut!  It is forever etched in my memory though.

3.  Believe it or not, my hair is actually straight.  Jason trimmed a few random hairs, but other than that, I came out okay.  I let someone under the influence and a man who couldn't cut a straight line if he tried trim my hair.  Do you get points for such bravery?

4.  Jason's mom and I also had massages this week.  It was much needed.  Prior to the appointment, Jason's mom very seriously asked me was there anything she needed to know before the massage.  I assured her it would be completely normal, despite my past experience with sketchy massages.   So we parted ways.  I was enjoying my private massage, when suddenly, things went VERY awry.  In America, full body massages don't exactly mean the "FULL" body.  But sometimes in India, they mean  ALMOST the full body.  I didn't think about my own uncomfortableness long when I quickly remembered my last words to the MIL... "It'll be a normal massage.  Nothing to worry about!"  Turns out she had the SAME experience I did.  We enjoyed swapping stories afterwards- she definitely took it better than I thought she would!  I was reminded once again- nothing is certain in India....

5.  A few weeks ago we attended a Mother's Day Program.  Days before the kids delivered these invitations:

Photobucket

Bless them.  My mother is a rock-star, but she could NEVER take the place of my God.  Aren't you grateful that you know the Truth of His Power?  I'm glad He doesn't have to count on sinful mothers such as myself to do His job!  He is definitely EVERYWHERE- even amidst the darkness of India.  Please continue to pray for these people!

Happy weekend, friends!  Enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment