5.11.2012

five on friday

1.  In case you didn't know, Mother's Day is Sunday.  Believe it or not, my neighborhood put on a Mother's Day program last night.  I attended out of curiosity.  Little did I know that halfway through the program I'd be called up to tell about celebrations of Mother's Day in America as well as give a speech about my own mother.  I hate you missed my heartfelt words about you, Mama.  You would have been so proud! :)  Impromptu is not really my thing!  I'm pretty sure I was the worst part of the program!

2.  After hearing all the children say wonderful things about their mother, I came home and asked my boys what they would say about me if someone asked them.  Jack said he'd say "[I am] beautiful."  Max chimed in and said, "Mama- I'd say you're HOT!"  No presents needed when your kids shower you with words like that!

3.  We're stepping out these days in India.  We hired a cook this week.  Jason got tired of eating Pringles for lunch, so he insisted we find someone to help.  Lalita comes every day at 11:00 and by 12:00, there' s a piping hot meal ready and waiting.  I still fix the occasional PB&J for the picky four-year-old, but Jack dives right in!

4.  I'm not sure if you know, but we are expecting our second guest in India next week.  Jason's mom is coming!  We are so excited to see a familiar face and show her all around.  Mrs. Delba- I'll be sure to let Lalita know you're coming.  We'll prepare a big Indian spread in honor of your arrival!  :)


5.  And last, but not least- I wanted to introduce you to my sweet friends.  You might have seen them in yesterday's post.  This is Vishesh (Vee-shesh) and Vanshiika (Von-Sheek-Uh), our househelper's children!
Photobucket

I'm pretty sure they love me mainly because I have an iPad.  But I have other great qualities.  I play a mean game of "kitchen" with Vanshiika, and I even pretend to talk on the phone in Hindi!  Vishesh knows I'll feed him a whole bag of chips at each visit with a big cup of apple juice so that keeps him coming back.  I love to see them trailing behind our house helper in the mornings, but lately they stop by at all times of the day just to hang out!  I love making new friends--- even small ones!  

1 comment:

  1. I know she is just so excited! We will certainly miss her over here for 5 weeks but I know Jack and Max getting Coco back for a little while {and y'all too} will be grand. :)

    ReplyDelete