4.13.2012

five on friday

1. There's a new member in the Swimming Club! We 'convinced' Max to remove his floaties and before we knew it, he was in the deepend swimming alone doing cannonballs and dives. It didn't take long! I won't deny it- Bribes were involved... notice his first comment when he gets to Jason! :) In addition to his "swimming membership," he's now the proud owner of new Hotwheels cars.



2. The pool where we swim is located at a local hotel. They are hosting a Mexican Food Bizarre this week. They didn't have to ask us twice. It was great! We enjoyed tacos with salsa, sour cream, and gaucamole, beans, rice, nachos, flan, and many other things.

Photobucket

Jack was particularly fond of the desserts. Most of these belong to him.

Photobucket

And some of these are his.

Photobucket

And he finished it off with one last bowl of ice cream.

Photobucket

They went all out on costumes and decorations.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

And to top it off, they had live country music. Because country music and mexican food are one in the same, don't you think? It's not every day that you can sit in India, eat Mexican food, and listen to an Indian couple sing Islands in the Stream and Take Me Home Country Road!

3. On another culinary note, we received a HUGE box of goodies from East Heights Baptist Church this week. Among the many fun things we received, these three little boxes were included:


Photobucket

I know the prices have gone up considerably, and the boxes are smaller than ever, but can I just remind that life with Girl Scout Cookies is just better. I'm considering starting a Girl Scout troop here just so I can have access to these babies once a year! Thank you to the kind person who knew us well enough to know that our year wouldn't be complete without these!

4. And for my last food related post, I'm a huge pina colada fan.... the virgin kind of course. Actually even if I were a "drinker," I couldn't imagine why anyone would want to ruin that perfectly wonderful taste by adding alcohol. I digress. The point of this is that thanks to Pinterest, we have been enjoying popsicles that offer a hint of that wonderful pina colada taste that I love so much.

Blend together and freeze:
1 can of pineapple (fruit and juice)
1 banana
1 can of coconut milk
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

You can find the recipe on this blog: The Reality of Skinny. I think they are supposed to be healthy, but at the rate we consume them, I think that positive goes right out the window!

5. Lastly, I mentioned reading The Hunger Games a few weeks ago. I LOVED the books. BUT I watched the movie and I was sooooo disappointed. If the remaining movies are equivalent, then I'm not sure I can force myself to watch them. Spare yourself... stick to the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment