4.20.2011

five on friday

1. I read my third book in the last two months. Strange things are happening. I started reading books (which require me to wear reading glasses because I can't see), I drink coffee each morning, and I keep finding stupid gray hairs in my head. My conclusion is--- I'm getting old! If you had to squint to read that, chances are it might be happening to you!

2. Speaking of old-- we (Jason, myself, and my mom) took the boys to a museum this week to entertain them. The lady at the front desk looked up and said, "Okay, you have two adults, two children, and one senior." Despite the fact that my mother was two years shy of the senior age minimum, my mother could say nothing. I'm rethinking my statement from before. I still have a few years before I qualify as old! I love you, mama!

3. I really do love my mother. I was so stunned to turn around this week and find her like this:Photobucket

I have to admit I laughed first (and I took time to take her picture) but I felt sorry for her deep down. I told Jack to go get Jason so he could see what a horrible thing my mother had just been through. Jason had such an odd look on his face when he came out though. He helped her up and then proceeded to tell me that I WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THE ONE THAT FELL.

So the story is: He and Jack were swinging in the hammock and it broke. He decided to loosely tie it back together because he ASSUMED I would be the next to get in there. HOWEVER, my poor aging mother had to suffer in my place! He just lost a few points with the in-laws. Good thing he's moving to India!

4. My sweet mama still managed to cook the most wonderful meal last night for a few of my friends! There's an old song that says, "Make new friends, but keep the old; One is silver, and and the other's gold." Although I've made some WONDERFUL friends since high school, those old friends from childhood are still "GOLD" to me! I'm so grateful that despite miles and years, when we meet back up, it feels like we've never been apart! That's when you know you have a true friend! Much love to you, Tracy and Kyrsten (and Brad!) I felt 16 for a moment... a very short, short moment!

5. Please pray for our family. We leave Sunday to begin our pilgrimage to Richmond, Virginia for an eight-week training. I anticipate that it will be a wonderful experience, but please remember us! This will be the fifth "home" the boys have had in six months. They are troopers and have done fabulously well, but I'd appreciate you thinking of them (and us)!

No comments:

Post a Comment