4.18.2011

best friends

Our boys fight like most. We have the occasional exchange of blows. Max is almost always the first one down and crying! But none the less, they love each other!

Max has recently began an obsession with "best friends." He is constantly naming the people that are his best friends. These vary from real people, pets, and even inanimate objects such as his blanket. If he asks you to be his best friend, he means it. And nothing tears him up more than for some unkind soul to say "no" to his heart-felt invitation.

A few weeks ago, I was getting ready for church. The boys were playing in the bathtub while I hurriedly dried my hair, applied make-up, and searched for clothes. I stopped briefly when I heard Jack speaking very softly to Max. In a quiet, honest, adamant whisper, he said, "Max, when we grow up, we'll always be best friends!"

I pray that they keep their pact! Of all the friends that will come and go in their lifetime, I hope they always remember that they have each other! It is my prayer that our family remembers that! WE always have each other. In America, in India, in far off distant lands! We are a family, and we'll always be best friends!


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment