3.19.2011

six on saturday

1. Jason and I were out of town last week for a conference. We flew out of Tupelo on Saturday morning. I was so excited to see one of my sweet friends from New Albany sitting in the airport! And I was even happier to find out that our flights were the same. I apologize to the people that were on that flight. Jason informed me that the Captain probably heard me talking! Julie spoke softly, but me... not so much! Nonetheless, it was so good to see an old friend!

2. I'd also like an apology of my own. We had the pleasure of sitting next to the lady who brought tuna fish for her lunch on our next flight. Did you know that the air circulation on an airplane is minimal? When you combine that with the making of tuna salad, it's pretty smelly!

3. I think layovers and airport stores are in connection. They know you will be weak and vulnerable with traveling cash burning a hole in your pocket. It happened to us in Memphis. We probably bought a few things that were stupid, but we did make one excellent purchase. I'm a huge Pandora fan, but I haven't been able to find any speakers that I like to hook up to my iPhone. I finally found them! If you are interested here's the link: Jawbone JAMBOX.

4. We made another purchase that was necessary but not my proudest moment. I had my eyes checked the other day, and though my distance vision is corrected, my reading distance has been affected. I broke down and bought reading glasses. 30 is turning out to be a great year of growing old and claiming it! The good news is that I can finally read a book clearly.

5. I have to confess that I never actually read (except during my quiet time.) I'm just a little too busy to stop and read. But this week, I borrowed a book from a friend. It's probably the first fictional book I have read since grade school! I think I found a new hobby! My current book is In the Sanctuary of Outcasts. I have about 50 pages to go. This is a big accomplishment for me!

6. My other accomplishment of the week involves my mothering skills. I have successfully raised two boys that are proud of their gender. So much so, that they both refuse to use the "girls' bathroom" anymore. Yay, ME! No more dinner interruptions for me! Sorry, Jason! If you'll let us adopt a girl, I vow to take her to the bathroom to make up for this slight inconvenience! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment