10.24.2010

what to buy

Jason sent me a text on Friday morning. It read:

Here's an interesting thought on happiness: to increase happiness, it is better to buy experiences than to buy things. Thought you would like this.

I didn't like it. I LOVED it! I didn't always think like that. I'm not sure if it's age, children, or just a combination of things, but my perspective on life is doing a 180. I used to find myself wanting to accumulate things... now I long for more experiences with those that are closest to me!

And last Friday night was no exception! After a long week, nothing makes me smile more than spending time with Jason and the boys. We rented a $1 movie, drug a queen-sized mattress downstairs, and settled down for a family movie night! I had the best seat of all... right in the middle of the sweetest boys in the world. If they kissed me one time during that movie, they kissed me a million!

This picture is living proof that it is better to buy experiences than things!

Photobucket

So what are you buying? Things or experiences?

1 comment: