9.17.2010

five on friday

1. My sweet husband called yesterday and informed me that someone would be coming to look at our house. They were to arrive in 20 minutes. Yes... I said 20 minutes. I had to ask him again myself to be sure I heard him right. There wasn't time to clean. We had to go to Plan B.... hide as many items as possible. We put things in the garage, washer, dryer, car- you name it, we shoved something in it. Guess what I'll be doing all weekend- play HIDE AND GO SEEK with my stuff!

2. One of my favorite people from church asked me Sunday night to make a hooded towel for a baby. She needed it on Friday. Isn't it funny how far away Friday seems on Sunday night? Before I knew it, Friday was just a few hours away, and that towel still ceased to exist! So at 10:18 PM I sat down to make a towel last night. I somehow managed to stay awake and finish the towel, and I laid my sweet head down a little before 1:00 AM. In all defense, I would have been in bed by 12 if I didn't have to play HIDE AND SEEK with my spools of thread. They were "stored" in the toy cabinet. For some reason, it never crossed my mind to look there!

Hooded Towel-4Hooded Towel-1Hooded Towel-3Hooded Towel-2
3. Last night we had our weekly meal at Jason's parents. There's nothing like comfort food. And let's be honest... real comfort food CANNOT be healthy. This may be why we rarely sit down to the table without a fresh stick of butter on the table. And last night, we had fried cornbread. Need I say more? It's safe to say I always leave very comforted!!!

4. Number 4 will be an oxymoron for #3, but I started "running" (we'll call it that to make me feel better) this week. I went Saturday, Sunday, and Monday night. I'm ashamed to say that I have not been since. Jason reminded me that the 5K is just two weeks away. I'm thinking it's going to be very unlikely that I actually run that 5K from beginning to end, but you've got to start somewhere, right? And it was a great excuse to get some new running shoes!

5. Jack starts an art class next week. He is my super insecure child, and he doesn't venture into new activities very well. But when I asked him if he would be interested in this class, he quickly jumped on the opportunity and was so excited about it! I hope he loves it! My artistic tendencies have rubbed off on him! Maybe he'll grow up to be a Picasso!

No comments:

Post a Comment