8.06.2010

five on friday

1. I somehow stayed afloat this week. And by "stayed afloat," I mean I wore floaties, a life-jacket, and a swimming ring. You gotta do what you gotta do. Teaching kindergarten is not for the weak. I'm holding steady at 23 students... and for some strange reason, I actually LOVE what I do!

2. Since yesterday was the first day of school, Jason cooked supper. At first, I thought he was being kind to me, but now I think he was just afraid to take our very tired and super whiney children out in public for dinner! Regardless of the reason, it was fabulous. The menu consisted of shrimp and grits, fresh spinach salad, and french bread. He definitely makes up for my lack of cooking skills. In fact, it was so good that we ate it all... and we fed the kids spaghetti-o's! Poor kids!
3. My mom is coming to town today. She retired this year, and I'm so glad she can drop everything now and come any time I need her. The plans aren't written in stone, but I'm betting she'll take care of my kids, clean, do the laundry, and hang out with me while she's here. For those of you who just felt an overwhelming sense of jealously, I apologize... but she really is the best mom EVER! We can consider your mom the second best mom EVER if it makes you feel better! :)

4. I must write #4 in honor of Dawn Blankenship. For some strange reason, reading my blog inspired her to go in the attic, dig out a sewing machine, and attempt to learn to sew. After breaking a needle, two bobbins (didn't even know that was possible), and attempting to use a second sewing machine that was stored in the attic, she gave up and went with the handy-dandy, no-sew liquid that you iron on to create curtains in her classroom. They are fabulous... now we just have to teach her how to measure so that they are even!
***If you don't know Dawn Blankenship but you are concerned that I hurt her feelings by posting this, never fear! She laughs at herself better than any friend I've ever had!

5. Hands-down one of the best parts of my day is praying with my boys at bedtime. I love listening to Jack pray as he gets older. He is beginning to name things that are relevant to his day-to-day life and I love to hear him talk to Jesus. Max is a whole 'nother story. He has no concept of turns, so as soon as we mention praying, he begins spouting off any nouns that are located in Jack's room. He is incapable of praying with his eyes closed, due to the fact that he only prays for things he can see. Therefore, we pray every night for the bed, the pillow, the blanket, the Bible, and any person that is located in the room. None the less, it's the sweetest thing I've ever heard, and I'm grateful that my children are growing up learning to talk to God! I vow to video this one day and post it! It's quite entertaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment