7.21.2010

five on friday

So I've decided to call this five on friday, and if you hate it, you might not wanna come back next Friday because it'll be showing its face once again... new material of course! :) Just to introduce it... I'm just gonna tell you five random things. I have no idea what they will be, but I'll attempt to write at least one out of five that you actually find interesting (those are pretty good odds, huh)! Anyways, without further ado, here are today's five on Friday:

1. The countdown is on. School starts in exactly 13 days. I desperately need to go to my classroom at school and get things halfway together. If you don't know, I teach Kindergarten, and I when I say "I love my job," I seriously mean it! It allows me to do everything I enjoy: play with kids, do crafts, take pictures, and hang out with a fabulous assistant! Speaking of my assistant, she was such a blessing in the middle of last year when she was hired, and I am soooo excited about spending an entire year with her this year! She rocks! I found out this week that she plays the ukelele... kind of made me a little bit jealous! Wonder if I could play the ukelele?Yea right!!! (picture below is of her and one of my sweet little girls from last year... praying for a whole new batch of sweet children to love on!)
2. An update on our behavior plan~ It is going fabulous! Jack earned 42 marbles and lost 8. I know Jack is most proud of the 42 marbles that he earned, but I'm pretty thankful for the 8 in the sad jar. Those eight little marbles kept me from spanking him, losing my patience, or ruining our day even one time! So tomorrow we will pay him $4.20... $0.42 goes to Jesus, and the other $3.78 goes straight to him for whatever he chooses. Hey... it may not seem like much to you, but when you work for something, it becomes a whole lot more valuable! Way to go Jack!

3. All of my close friends need to sit down for this one.... (drum roll please) I cooked supper twice this week, made homemade pizza with Jack for lunch one day, and cooked the best poundcake EVER! If you don't know me that well, let me explain: I HATE TO COOK! Yes, we eat out every night... most restaurants in Tupelo know us by name! LOL- I'm not very good at it, and I try to steer clear of anything I stink at, and I see no reason to go to the grocery store, slave over the stove, cook a meal, barely eat it, and then clean up, when I can walk into a restaurant, eat, enjoy, and leave! It's my story and I'm sticking to it!

4. Project of the Week: I HEART RIBBONS, but not when they look like this:
They just get all tangled up, and it's a big old mess. So, I came up with a plan to fix this:
Here's my remedy. I took two toilet paper holders, enhanced them with paint, drilled holes in the ends of them, and ran a dowel rod through them. It was cheap, easy, and best of all, no more messy ribbons!

5. I took Jack to the dentist on Wednesday. He loves it, due mainly to the fact that he gets lots of prizes. He got a great report, and I got the wild idea to make Max an appointment since he had not been checked out before. Low and behold, they had an available appointment the very next day! So we (reluctantly) went. God bless Mrs. Amy (the hygienist) for dealing with that disaster in such a loving manner! If you live in Tupelo and are looking for a good dentist, you should try mine:
Hopefully, I'll still be allowed to go back after my two-year-old's performance today! :)










5 comments:

  1. I adore u more everytime I read ur blog. It's one of the highlights of my day, when I see through u or Jason that u've posted. love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. cant wait till next weeks five!!!! and btw I am doing the marbles thing to, My method wasnt exactly working so I revamped it like the way your doing it so far so good!!!! thanks for the IDEA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock as well my friend! I just love you! I am SO thankful for you and the way things worked out...I definitely believe it was a God thing! From teaching to all things crafty, I am learning so much from you and I am learning from the best :)

    P.S.- Let me just say how unbelievably honored I am to be included in your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jenica... thank you, but I'm really just thrifty! I hate to pay someone to do something. I always try to remedy things myself, even when it involves a power tool or something I've never done!
    Robbie... I am honored to be considered a "highlight!" I'll see if I can keep up my game! :) Love you too!
    Kelly... I have to say, I am in love with the marbles! This week has been night and day from last, and I just hope it continues! I'm so glad you are trying it! Hope your kids enjoy it as much as Jack!
    Kerstin...I'm sure this won't be the last time. When you spend every day with someone, they have to be a part of your blog on occasion! :)

    ReplyDelete