12.20.2013

five on friday.

1.  We leave for Thailand in two days!  Here's the plan... we are heading to the beach on Monday, staying through Christmas, and then heading to Bangkok to stay until the babies are born.  Their due date is March 10, but they'll most likely come a few weeks before.  After they are born, we will complete the necessary requirements to get them both an American passport and an Indian visa.  Once they have the paperwork needed, we will return to India!  So currently, we are thinking we will at least be in Thailand through the month of March- but it's all a guessing game right now.

2.  India has caused me to pull out my "Martha Stewart side" on more than one occasion, but this week, I set out to make homemade graham crackers.  The things we do for kids and for gingerbread houses!  Surely those little boys will repay me for it one day.  More of this to come next week!

 photo IMG_5141_zps4ddbdac7.jpg

3.  A sweet friend sent us two Christmas packages last week, and they included spray snow!  Good thing Jason was close by, because Max may have mistake it for canned whip cream!

 photo photo-8_zps2780eb09.jpg

 photo photo-7_zps80c8648e.jpg

Since we are leaving soon and busy packing up, we decided not to spray the windows.  Instead, we went on a walk and sprayed snow on everything we could find.  It's the little things...

 photo IMG_5214_zps1019a8af.jpg

 photo IMG_5218_zpsb02f73e5.jpg

When both cans were empty, Max said, "Could you tell "Marla" to send some more of that snow?"  Who knew spray snow could offer so much entertainment!  And our neighborhood plants are all decked out for the holidays!

4.   Last night, Max came into our room after midnight. Apparently he'd had a nightmare, and through tears, he "wanted Mama!"  This morning I woke up with a little boy beside me and a lump in my throat, because soon, that boy won't be the "baby" anymore.  I'm not sure if I'm ready to change his lineup in the family.

5.  As I embark on 29 weeks of pregnancy, I'm slowing down in a major way.  In an effort to enjoy sitting around, does anyone have any great book recommendations?  I foresee lots of sitting in my future weeks!

Five more days, people, until Christmas Day!  Hope everyone is enjoying this Christmas season!  As we say in India, "Happy Merry Christmas!"  

No comments:

Post a Comment