11.15.2013

five on friday.

Well, as long as I'm back posting on the old blog, I thought I'd throw in a little five on friday!

1.  Christmas will arrive in India in 39 days.  That panicked me a little last week when I realized we had not purchased ONE gift for our boys.  Thankfully, some sweet, sweet friends helped us out.  I did a little online investigating, sent them a list, and they delivered all the gifts during a recent trip to India.  We currently have an entire basket full of gifts hidden under the bed for our boys.  They are going to be so excited!!!  Thank you again, Christy and Chad!

 photo photo_zpsaed5ff1b.jpg

2. And speaking of being excited about goodies... another American friend was visiting our city last week and came armed with possibly one of my favorite things ever... Hellman's!

 photo photo-2_zpscdcaa5e8.jpg

I was completely OUT, prior to his visit.  And Hellman's for me is equivalent to oxygen for others.  Maybe this jar will get me through a few weeks!

3.  The weather is changing in Bhopal.  I've tried to explain our seasons, or lack there of, before in this post, but we are now entering what I'd refer to as our Fall/Winter.  Our temps are hitting the highs in the upper 70's/lower 80's.  That's a far-cry from the warm temperatures we experience most of the year.  This week, I actually voluntarily turned off the AC in our room, and we are currently sleeping under only the fan.  This is definitely my favorite  time of year in India!

4.  With changing weather comes a slight change in our wardrobe.  Last week, my boys sported their first pair of blue jeans of the season.  What is it about a few yards of denim that can add years to the look of a little boy?  It's almost too much for me every year.  There's a small possibility that my boys are actually growing up, but I'm refusing to believe that and blaming it all on those pants they are wearing!

5.  Thank you so much for all the sweet comments and congratulations on our fun news of expecting twins!  We are thrilled, and I promise to throw in more details in the coming months!

 photo IMG_5002_zps9e4cc574.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment