11.29.2013

five on friday.

1.  I started my Thanksgiving week with a fabulous night at a local hotel with the girls!  As if the great food, unlimited hot water showers, and soft fluffy bed weren't enough, my sweet friends gave me a surprise baby shower!  I am not usually surprised, but I had NO IDEA this was coming!  These babies actually have diapers, some clothes, and I get to do a little online shopping of my own, thanks to their graciousness.  So thankful for the sweet girls I've had the pleasure of doing life with in India.  Beth, Danielle, Emily, Katie, Sarah C., Brandy, Shanee, Christy, Bonnie, and Amy---- You are awesome!
 photo image-2_zps9862d9ba.jpeg
2.  Thanksgiving is over.  This is our third holiday season to spend out of America.  Of course, we miss time with family, but we do what we can to make it special!  This year, we gathered together with our team of 13 at our house for a full spread.  It was complete with turkey rotisserie chicken, dressing, mashed potatoes, green bean casserole, macaroni and cheese, carrot soufflé, deviled eggs and what seemed like a million other dishes!  I couldn't even bear to visit the dessert table after my second helping of food, but I'm sure they were equally as great!  We are so thankful for friends that double as family and opportunities to get together!

 photo photo-4_zpsf9702957.jpg

 photo 1397801_10101889378741810_1291707972_o_zpsac4e89ef.jpg

 photo 1397262_10101889380034220_1615461940_o_zpse05e194c.jpg

 photo photo-3_zps00730c96.jpg

 photo 1397801_10101889380608070_272470918_o_zps17a56cb7.jpg

(Few photos courtesy of our teammate, Katie.)

3.  I forget sometimes some of the things our kids miss out on living outside of America, but holidays seem to bring out the most confusion for them!  Yesterday while finishing up some Thanksgiving crafts with the boys, Max asked if I'd help him with his "peacock."  While the peacock IS the national bird of India, we were actually going for a turkey!  I have so many things to teach that boy about America!

 photo photo-5_zps9545b0e1.jpg

4.  And roughly one day after consuming all that food, our family has moved on to Christmas.  We won't actually be staying at home this Christmas, so we had to get a head start on all things merry and bright.  That means decorations, christmas music, and advent lessons are in full swing.  The decorations are limited because I don't want to clean up a million things.  The music includes some old favorites, as well as some new ones like Duck Dynasty's "Duck the Halls!"  And the advent lessons- I'll tell you more about what we are doing later, but we are using the Jesus Storybook Bible.  If you don't own this and have never read through it with your kids, DO IT!  I'll just bet you'll get something out of it as well.  And it makes a great Christmas gift!

(Click on the picture to be directed to Amazon.com and read more.)

 photo 51g1-kUM0tL_zps7e409f4e.jpg

5.  Have you seen this new Bible App for kids?

(Click on the picture to be redirected to the iTunes store for more information.)

 photo images_zps16eb86e6.jpeg

Jason downloaded it for our kids a few nights ago, and they fought over it from the beginning.  It narrates a story, shows some fun interactive pictures, and even gives quizzes.  It's still very new and doesn't have many stories at this time, but it's been added to all our devices.  If you are looking for a new app to fill that time spent traveling during the holidays, I'd suggest you add this one!

Hope your Christmas is off to a wonderful start!



1 comment:

  1. Love your thanksgiving pics!!! And, thanks for sharing about the Bible App! We'll get it! And, so wish I could've been there to shower you in person! Love you guys so much!!!

    ReplyDelete