8.10.2012

five on friday

1.  Jason has been out of town all week.  Single parenting and days without "daddy" leave us all feeling like this:

Photobucket

I'm counting the minutes until he walks back through our door!

2.  Of course when Jason leaves, it would begin to rain for almost 48 hours straight.  Our city is already known as the "City of Lakes," but two days of rain rest assures we live up to our name.  On Tuesday, we headed out with a teammate to attempt to get to class, but the video below is proof that rain can sometimes be a legitimate reason for calling in.  I considered putting the video to music, but my boys' "serious" commentary adds a little something extra.


New Project 6 from Sarah Marlin on Vimeo.

No worries... after we crossed the Red Sea, we headed back for home and decided class could wait!

3.  So some of you may know that up until a year ago, I can't honestly say that I had read more than a handful of books.  But I grew up and decided I should become a book nerd like the rest of the world.  My biggest dilemma is which book to read next.  I apparently had odd teachers in highschool because I never had to read any books.  So I've made it my goal to read some of the classics that I somehow missed out on.  I tackled Of Mice and Men this week, per Jason's recommendation.  Thanks Jason, for that very uplifting book (NOT!)   So I'm trying to decide what to go with next: The Grapes of Wrath, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Great Gatsby, The Catcher in the Rye, The Lord of the Flies, or something else?  I know NOTHING about any of them.  Suggestions?

4.  Last night, I went on a mad hunt at 1:00 AM for our stash of Ambien.  I fully intended to drug Lucy if I found it.  She must have smoked crack cocaine prior to bedtime.  In an hour's time, she hunted and found enough items to fill my nightstand.  When I woke up this morning, I found, six shoes, a bra, a pair of pajama pants, a box of markers, and a razor.

Photobucket

There are two morals to this story:
  1. Lucy better not pull a stunt like this again, or she'll find herself living with the likes of "Tumor Dog."
  2. And I seriously need to clean our room if she found all of this on our floor!

5.  Have I mentioned the celebrity status we've attained since moving to India?  Our kids are frequently photographed.  Sometimes they ask, and other times they try to stand near them and snap a few secret shots.  Jack is quite compliant, but the little boy in the blue below will have no part in pictures!  The paparazzi wouldn't stand a chance with him!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment