6.03.2011

five on friday

1. One of the things we have focused on while in Virginia are ways to share the gospel. One of the ways is called "storying," which simply means to tell Bible stories and use them to apply biblical truths to our lives. As an illustration, we watched a video the other day of a little girl who shared a story. You have to watch this. It is too cute!



2. If you are not on our prayer email list and would like to be, please email me at marlinsarah@hotmail.com. This is a newsletter we send out to update friends and family of prayer requests and other things that are going on in our lives!

3. I'm always amazed at how small my expectations are. Many times I am pleasantly surprised by God's abilities! One of those came this week when we overheard Jack reciting a memory verse. After we questioned him about it, he went on to tell us 5 others that he had learned! I promise to post a video of this. You just can't know how sweet it was to hear him speaking the Word of God. I had no idea that he was capable of all that! He challenged me for sure!

4. The weekends in Virginia have been tons of fun for our family. We've done a variety of things from touring Washington, D.C., visiting Jamestown/Williamsburg, shopping, and eating out. This weekend we are headed to the beach! Hopefully, we will get to stop at a waterpark and finish our day with our toes in the sand! Does it get any better?

5. I'm still on my kick with reading books. I finally finished Redeeming Love (which a few friends recommended.) Wow! It was so good! Can anyone tell me what other books she writes that could compare? Or if you have any other book suggestions, I'm all ears! I can't believe I've gone my whole life without reading! I've got lots of catching up to do in the literary world! :)

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment