1.21.2011

five on friday

1. It's a good thing I grew up in 80's when wrestling was the stuff, because it's the main event at my house lately. The boys can't wait to get home each night for fightin'! Apparently it makes you feel stronger if you take your shirt off because both boys tend to strip their shirts before the throwdown. It's usually 2 boys vs. Jason. I offered to be teammates with someone so the teams would be even, but evidently "I might get hurt"- or so I'm told! Little do they know, my big brother taught me some mean moves when I was little! They don't know what they're missing!

2. We took the night off from Wrestlemania last night and took the boys to Memphis to see Shrek: The Musical. It was fabulous. Is it wrong that my favorite part was a "burping" and "pooting" competition between Shrek and Fiona? I'm not usually one for bathroom humor, but it cracked me up. And the two little boys beside me found it awfully funny as well. It's possible that I laughed harder than they did, but you'll never know!

3. We were tempted not to go because there was a prediction of snow and icy roads. There was a little snow and a few rough spots in the road, but we made it to Memphis and back safely. Don't tell my teacher friends, but I secretly prayed for a snow day today! It seems those who wanted to go to school outnumbered me, but they probably weren't out watching Shrek until 12:30 AM. I'm too old for such foolishness, or maybe I'm too young for a job that starts at 7:20 AM. I'm going with the latter. Anybody know of a teaching job that starts at about 10:00 AM?

4. Have you seen the new TV spots that highlight different character traits? You can see them at Values.com. Jason thinks they are so cheesy! I, however, think they're great! It's okay if you think I'm old-fashioned. I still believe in all that sort of stuff- chivalry, random acts of kindness, manners, etc. I hope my boys grow up to know how important those traits are. And their daddy may pretend to think those things are corny, but I assure you- He's a great example of these things!

5. I mentioned the iPhone app Angry Birds a few weeks ago. I still don't love it. But I'll tell you what my new favorite app is: Fruit Ninja. I'm loving this game! You can't tell it by my high score (or by the fact that my seven-year-old has a higher score than I do), but I'm honing my skills. I'll be a force to be reckoned with in a few weeks.


No comments:

Post a Comment