10.28.2010

five on friday

1. The big news of the week is we possibly sold our house. After our second Open House this weekend, we had two offers. We still have our fingers crossed that all things continue to fall in to place, but it all looks promising!

2. Last night we had our second Girls' Night Out! I've looked through the pictures a million times, and they still make me laugh. I can't say this enough: if you don't have a group of Christian friends that you hang out with on a regular basis, you are missing something GREAT!

3. As we were getting ready for bed last night, Jack brought the Bible to me and wanted to make sure I didn't forget to read it to them. That just makes a mama smile! Speaking of... we recently bought a new Bible titled The Jesus Storybook Bible, after seeing it advertised on another blog. We own A LOT of children's Bible's, but this one is by far the best! If you don't already read the Bible with your kids, I strongly recommend this Bible!

4. The answer to last week's question was "not to run!" I should have run the 5K, but I just couldn't motivate myself. However, I did run last night! I forgot how bad it... in the words of another friend... vacuumed! (I might have said 'sucked' but my mom reads this! Hey mama!)

5. This week we dissected owl pellets at school in celebration of our "Nocturnal Animals" unit. I had an extra one, so I brought it home to Jack. He just may be an archeologist one day. He dug through that pellet like it contained hidden treasures. He did find two skulls which made him very happy! He took them to school to show his class today. I know his teachers will be thrilled that he brought animal remains to school!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment